£19,000 a year
Clearly Drinks is a fast-growing soft drinks business based in Sunderland. The company is adopting a fresh approach to its sustainability agenda and is seeking an entry level sustainability professional to support its ambitious new strategy. They are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter, with a minimum of one year’s experience in the sustainability field ready to work with this dynamic company on their environmental and sustainability agenda.
- Full development & implementation of ISO14001 EMS and preparation towards ISO50001 EMS.
- Carry out regular internal audits.
- Develop policies, processes and procedures.
- Regular Review of environmental data (e.g. energy, transportation, waste) to evaluate performance versus the industry benchmark.
- Research and keep up-to-date with the latest environmental developments, key legislation, guidance and standards.
- Produce high-quality, business-focused environmental reports.
- Provide strategic advice relating to environmental, carbon and utilities management.
- Plan and develop projects in an independent manner with guidance from senior colleagues and external consultants.
- Develop & implement the ISO 14001 standard.
- Develop the company’s 3-year Sustainability Plan with support.
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices comply with legislation.
- Prepare environmental strategies and develop internal policy.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about Environmental & Sustainability issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Define and report key KPI’s.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all E&S legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry.
- Attend relevant seminars and read professional journals.
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. waste management, climate change and emissions, air and water pollution and energy efficiency.
- Relevant degree and MSc (preferable)
- Minimum of one year’s relevant UK experience
- Strong communicator, able to present confidently at meetings
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Well organised including, attention to detail, project and time management
- Good analytical skills
- Auditing experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000.00 /year
- sustainability practice: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)